Tuesday, July 05, 2011

canadian eh?


Happy 144th birthday Canada :)

To celebrate, boyfriend and I headed to Hamilton to visit the lovely Danielle && her boy. 
We spent a good part of our morning chasing a fly around the house, I cornered the bugger but he got away. To this day...we still have zero clue as to where the darn thing went. I guess my ninja skills are only good for fruit slicing, not fly swatting. Sad times.

Romper: Present from Grandma (is she stylin or what?), Hat: Joe Fresh, Purse: H&M, Necklace: Forever 21


Last summer around this time, I was walking to work in scorching weather and saw a girl outside of Union Station in what could only be described as a snow suit (no joke, I wish I had photo evidence). She looked lost && confused, and instantly I pictured her Google-ing Canada and clicking the first link that comes up.

Silly girl, it is not always cold in Canada. We have a summer! (For this, see photographic evidence above) 
We do not ride polar bears, we do not trade fur and we don't own dogsleds.

We pronounce it "About" not "aboot". We don't hate Americans (we vacation in your country, we watch your TV shows, and we love to go on shopping trips across the border)

and...We can't really say how long a mile is (I drove my American friends car in Canada, and ended up going 70mph on a 60kmp road - he had a look of death on his face!) nor can we understand that 100 degrees is not nearly as hot as we think it is. We do weigh ourselves in pounds and measure our height in inches. (We're weird, I'll admit)

Not all of us speak French.

And lastly, we don't all love hockey.

Nor can we all skate.

Eh?

16 comments:

CessOviedo said...

Lol this was funny I remember having canadian neighbors when little, and they were always pointing out the difference between them and americans, very nice people all of you! You grandma got you a great romper!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Ashley said...

First of all, I'm loving these pictures. Looks like you're having so much fun! Also, how cool that your grandma got me a romper. I would die if mine bought me one, and she's pretty stylish herself. Yours must be ultra-chic. Yeah!

Both my boyfriend and I are from northern Minnesota and I'm still shocked he can't ice skate...

Mary M. said...

Wow, I love the quality of the pictures and the fact that you look so happy and amazing! All the posts, whether outfit posts or just writing are simply amazing and the name of the blog is really original! I was wonderring if you would have time to check mine, possibly follow each other? Hope we keep in touch!

Mary from http://teenfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

Hilary Mae said...

I love this whole post!!!! And I am sad you don't ride polar bears and play with penguins. You just ruined my whole outlook on Canada. Just kidding, I have a bunch of family up there.

Jessica Gitler said...

Thanks so much for the comment on the thrifted necklace, I am not much of a thrift store shopper but I am trying and finding pieces like this necklace really gives me hope!! Looks like you had a great Canada day, I love all the pictures, so much fun!!
www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

janel said...

I love this post! It Made me laugh, but I'm not sure I believe you about Canadians not disliking Americans? Also you make me want to do a post on Utah, everyone always asks me how many moms I have ha ha ha (one thanks).

Oh btw I love your romper, Your Grandma is a styling lady!

http://www.afoolforfashion.com/

Carrie said...

Happy belated Canada day from a fellow Canadian!
Cute blog!
Style in the City

Bad Joan said...

Love these images, looks like you had a great time!

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Lydia Marie said...

This list cracked me up! Although I'm disappointed you don't have a pet polar bear, that would be awesome!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Christine said...

great to see other Canadian bloggers out there! :D
I love that romper and purse you look great :)

thanks for commenting and visiting my blog :D
www.christinebalram.blogspot.com

ffevertotell said...

yes, you can't beat a day spent by a waterfall with your man :) lovin' your blog, definitely going to follow!
xoxo Charity
somedreamingtree.blogspot.com

Spinner's End said...

Haha! I love that this post is for Canada what my last post was for New Jersey. Some places just get a bad wrap for no reason! LOVE the pictures, btw!

spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

Glory said...

Lovely pictures!
Looks like a fabulous trip!


http://gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Love this post esp the "pointers" on Canadians !

Katya said...

Sooo, i'm bored on this Monday evening and have been reading through your old posts, and this whole "About" and "Aboot" made me think of my one post where you commented something along the lines of "And what the HECK do you mean Canadian accents?!" Haha! I watch HGTV a lot and there is a show called "Property Virgins"... the host, Sandra, is from Canada, and she ALWAYS SAYS "aboot"!!! I think that's where I got my stereotype. :)

Katya said...

Ha ha that's priceless. Property Virgins is one of my FAV shows and yet I've never noticed the accent. I need to listen closely ;)

Happy New Year hun!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...