Sunday, July 24, 2011

summerlicious

Shirt: Joe Fresh, Jeans: American Eagle, Shoes: Browns, Bracelets: H&M, Feather Earrings: Aldo


Ever had one of those days where you just hoped and wished and crossed your fingers (and toes) that it would rain? Monday was one of those!
It has been so hot && humid here in Toronto, each day I step outside I feel like a fish out of water, gasping for air. Gross. It's so bad, that in skirts my thighs start to stick together (come-on now girls, back me up on this one...it's happened to everyone right?)

Almost makes me want to sing that Sesame Street song...

"it's lovely and dusty
but nothing gets rusty
i wish it would rain! 

it's so hot and sunny
my ice cream is runny
i wish it would rain"

 
So every summer Toronto has the summerlicious festival, where some of the top restaurants offer a fixed price menu, restaurants I wouldn't dream to go to otherwise. I love food, don't get me wrong, but spending over $100 a person on one meal is ridiculous :P I can go shopping with that money.
priorities...
So what's the best way to cool down on a hot day? Go for Indian food! 
A $15 awesomely delicious lunch.

6 comments:

Spinner's End said...

I couldn't agree more, this heat is too much. and i'm all the way in new jersey. your description is spot on for our weather, too. looks like you can't escape it no matter where you go. love your boots, btw!

le sorelle said...

Ah I totally know what you mean about the heat! It seems no mini dress can save me from sweating! I love your outfit, though! White jeans always help to beat the heat a little!

Hope you had a great weekend!
-j
sorelle in style

LyddieGal said...

Sometimes it rains and the humidity is back and just as strong the following day! What can you do, it's just how the summer can be sometimes.

But it's a good enough reason to pull out white summery pants and pair them with adorable stripes!

Chic on the Cheap

Sarah Willow said...

Love your outfit! Especially the stripes and white pants paired together. Oh and I'm dying here over your heels. Too. Cute.

xo Sarah Willow
www.sarahwillowhere.blogspot.com

Eline said...

Good outfit :) and the food looks soooo delicious!

xo Eline

elineverbeke.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Love your white jeans! Do you find them hard to wear? I'm always PETRIFIED I'm going to spill something on them!

Courtney
I Can Be Many Things

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...