Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the way i see it

Dress: Winners, Shoes: Costa Blanca X, Shirt: H&M, Purse: Aldo
Skirt: FCUK, Shirt: Buffalo David Bitton, Shoes: Browns, Purse: H&M, Belt: Winners
Starbucks {8:30pm}

As I go to pay for my drink, I realize that I left my wallet at home. Fairly normal occurrence, right? Wrong! I’m that person who double checks (then triple checks) everything before I leave the house. That night the list went something like:

Stove off? Check!
Lights off? Check!
Phone? Check
Wallet? On the counter!
… and then I left the house, just like that.

Starbucks dude man just laughed at me as I rummaged around, hoping that miraculously the wallet will grow tiny wings and fly from the counter, straight into my purse. When I finally admitted defeat, the guy gave me a free drink, and said something about not using the code again.

I promise, I won’t!”

 As I pulled the receipt out the next day, to my surprise, if I logged onto their website and filled out the survey I’d get a free drink. The way I see it, two freebies are better than one. Who says we can’t break a teeny promise, just once in a while.

Side Note – Do you guys remember the time when the Starbucks cup used to be almost as motivating as the coffee? Check it – way back when, this was my fav one! 

The way I see it
Isn't necessarily
The way you see it
Or the way it is
Or ought to be
What's more important
Is that we're all
Looking for it
And a way to see it

~ Desi Di Nardo

15 comments:

CessOviedo said...

Oh how sweet from the barista for the free starbucks! I loved #15 the maxi look works wonders on you!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Lydia Marie said...

I love that second outfit! And the last time I was in Starbucks, I replied with "great, how are you?" when the barista asked me how I was. Apparently people had been rude to her all day and so I got a free drink out of it!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

chocolatefashioncoffee said...

the second outfit is amazing!

http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com/

Juliana aka Jules said...

Oh! I used to love "the way i see it" on the starbucks coffee. That one is a good one!!!

I really like the relaxed feeling of the first look! Cute yet comfy and breezy. Perfect!!

Xo
Everydayjules.blogspot.com

Chapstick Fanatic said...

like that quote! i also enjoy the little quotes on the yogi tea bags. ever tried them?

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

i love that thats awesome.
thanks for your comment on my blog, come back soon.
mirrorofmyworld.blogspot.com

Glocal Girl said...

I love that cheerful red skirt! So perfect for summer... btw, I used to really enjoy those motivtional sayings on the back of Starbuck's cups. But now that I live in Holland they don't have em here. Sad face.

Have a great day!
Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl

Hilary Mae said...

You are putting my outfits to shame but I LOVE all of your outfits!!!
And I like your hair too :)
Have a great weekend!!!

xo
Hilary Mae

Abby said...

Your blue skirt is perfect! I have a navy one kind of like that and I wear it constantlyyyy. Also- my pink shorts were on sale at J.Crew outlet pretty recently!

two birds said...

i love how you paired that cute tee with the maxi dress! i want to run out and get both items right now!

Janel said...

I love both outfits, but the blue skirt is my fav! so cute! Also I hate when I forget stuff, but free stuff is always the best!

www.afoolforfashion.com

mari b. said...

lovelovelove both of your brilliant looks!

xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

Notes She Wrote said...

That maxi-dress kills me! Love love love it. You pull it off so well. Super cute outfit.

Following your cute blog.
Here's mine:

Notes She Wrote

Monica and Whitney said...

That maxi is AMAZING. Loving your blog! So glad I found it!

Ask the Duplex
Enter our giveaway for a $50 Visa Card!

ffevertotell said...

I know exactly how you feel..on the way home to see my parents a few days ago, I got off the freeway to find a Starbucks. After driving around outside of Seattle for 15 minutes, I finally pulled into a Safeway that had a Starbucks inside, got out of the car, and promptly locked my keys inside the car. Such a bummer! The things we do for coffee. :)
xoxo Charity
somedreamingtree.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...