Wednesday, August 24, 2011

early warning systems

Dress: Killah, Shirt: Joe Fresh, Shoes: Kenzie, Fedora: Buffalo, Camera Bag: Theit
 
This is what I would have worn to work today, if Canada didn't decide that Fall is coming early this year and it started pouring rain in the morning.

I'm a determined gall I tell yah, because as soon as I got home, I switched my jeans for this adorable dress and threw on the fedora to combat the strong wind. 
(that was slowing turning me into a Marge Simpson look alike)

Then we quickly went to the store, you know, to let the world see what I imagined my outfit to look like today - even for a few minutes.

Seems like pretty crazy things have been happening as far as weather/natural disasters go around the world. Just yesterday we felt the earthquake that originated in Virginia - right here in Toronto. 

To add to that, tonight boyfriend and I are cuddled on the couch with candles and lighters ready to go in case this wacko thunderstorm causes a blackout - or a Tornado. Come on, we don't get Tornado's in this city. 
I think weather got lost and took the wrong highway.

Weeks like this make me wonder one thing though - there are so many early warning systems to help us prepare for earthquakes/tornadoes/tsunamis and hurricanes.
Why doesn't life have early warning systems? For example, why couldn't I get some sort of signal that in exactly 30 seconds my soup (which was warming up in the microwave) is going to blow up. I would have been ready with napkins, or even better, taken it out. Instead I was left cleaning up the mess as a room full of angry co-workers stood and tapped on their watches.

Some-one needs to invent one ASAP. Anyone? 

A girl can dream.

31 comments:

Katya said...

The weather has been CRAZY lately hopeful it's not a sign of something more to come!
P.S. Your Shoes are Amazing!!!
http://h3artland.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

love this skirt
absolutely wonderful! you’ve got a gorgeous blog, and i’m so glad i’ve stumbled across it for my first time! i hope you’ll come visit COSMICaroline for a Nashville-based source of inspiration for fashion, music, and art! keep up the awesome work!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Courtney said...

I am so happy the weather went crazy on you BECAUSE I love this outfit so much due to the hat. We are getting crazy weather too. It's nasty! Global warming freaks me out. One of my friends kind of blogs about it actually which is neat. Anyway, on to talking about your outfit that I love... Love your shirt too! Who takes your pictures?
Have a great week!! Ps I think I am going with Adele... :)

Katya said...

Very cute dress, Katya!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together

Katya said...

I adore your layering! And that bag! Awesome blog :)

{Bobbi}
http://fashionunder30.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Love the camera bag! so chic! xoxo from Trinidad

Katya said...

Love this look! Hasn't the weather been crazy! The lighting was insane last night.

xo L.

Katya said...

I love this outfit so much!! and your camera bag is perfect too!

Courtney said...

It was recent! A week ago? However long it took to ship it to me! I think it's called a matchstick necklace. I'm glad it caught your eye :) I totally love it. F 21 is on the ball with their necklaces lately!

Thanks for your comment :)

Katya said...

Wasn't it?! I'm a little baby when it comes to lightning - I so wish I had a good excuse to climb under the bed like my dog does and hide out until the storm passes

Katya said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! I'll definitely be checking out your blog ;)

Katya said...

I honestly couldnt believe there's earthquake in US, never heard it before. I experience lots eartquake here in Indonesia, from small to big one. You wouldnt believe. Back then when 2007 my town and arounds got earthquake about 6.2SR it was scary, lots of people died because the building crumbled. So scary. I agree hope someday someone would invent early warning system for everything. ameeeen :D

and indeed it's lovely outfit, I love your bag so pretty. And the hat made a good addition to your outfit. Because I love hats too! :D
definitely following you now <3

Katya said...

This has to be my favorite outfit of yours so far.

Katya said...

thank you for visiting! Pearls are so very lovely...

Your blog is so great!! I'm wondering... how do you do your hair bun you use in the past posts?? It is so lovely...

I'm following you!

Katya said...

thank you, thank you, thank you :):)

Katya said...

I'm in love with this look! I love the pattern on your skirt.

Ask the Duplex

Katya said...

Aw, too bad about the weather. The weather is being really weird. Why does Virginia get earthquakes but we haven't had one here in San Francisco in forever?

Your dress is adorable, and so is your new bag! Your boyfriend has very good taste.

Katya said...

oooo, super cute blog, and a very chic outfit. Love the hat!

xoxo

DressingDaly.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Loev your blog! Your new bag looks fab AND we are the same height!
Following : )

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Gorgeous bag!

http://fashionbyt.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

You're gorgeous girl! :)

xoxo
Katie
http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Hahaha great post!! I could do with some early warning systems in some moments too!!
sorry about the weather though!!
great outfit!! :) Thank you so much for the comment!

xx

Katya said...

I just realized you were in Canada! haha, yeah the rain's moved over on our side today too :(
i loveee the pattern on the skirt! totally adorable :)

www.unremittinglykel.blogpsot.com

Katya said...

I love the print on your skirt, so fun! Also if that's your camera bag, then I want it!

http://www.afoolforfashion.com/

Katya said...

You look amazing dear!

Katya said...

take care with the tornado...i hope it doesn't get too wild!

your outfit is darling...that bag! ah!

Katya said...

Very cute and quirky. I love the shoes!!!

Katya said...

love that outfit! and your new header! you're adorable as always!

tanandmeg.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Thanks {x} a million!

Katya said...

I just realized you were in Canada! haha, yeah the rain's moved over on our side today too :(
i loveee the pattern on the skirt! totally adorable :)

www.unremittinglykel.blogpsot.com

Katya said...

LOVE! i adore how you paired the blouse with that dress!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...