Thursday, August 04, 2011

to tote or not to tote?

Images kindly borrowed from Jo Totes

I <3 early birthday presents.
After a lot of convincing I finally got my mom and the boyfriend to help me buy my first DSLR (a Canon Rebel T1i) early -they rock..a lot :)

&& Because I refused to pay $40 extra for a hideous camera bag to carry it around in, I had to use my noodle and be a little creative. Gah, I hate to make another reference to TV, but does anyone remember PB&J Otter?

"Solve a problem, it's no strain - Use your noodle that's your brain"?
..and then they'd do the noodle dance? Anyone?

After spending an entire evening at the Superstore, I finally settled on a hair turban to house my new baby. You know those towel turbans they sell in the beauty section that you can wrap around a few times and fasten? Yup - that.

I thought I was a genius! Turns out other people's noodles work better then mine. One of my friends carried hers in a Crown Royal baggie..and another girl wrapped it in a diaper (serious props to her!)

But it has come time to find my camera a more permanent and stable home.

This is why I'm turning to you guys.
What do you think of the Betsy Jo Tote in chocolate brown - available here: CLICK ME


11 comments:

Spinner's End said...

noodle! use your noodle! noodle! do the noodle dance! dun dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh, dun dun nuh nuh nuh!

...i have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

but yes! that camera bag is really nice! I would go for it. congrats on the new dslr.. i'm saving up for one right now and i probably won't be able to afford it until 2013.

The Davenports said...

Hi Katya! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I've spent the last few minutes going through yours. I love your cute outfits. And I love that cute bag. I too just bought my first SLR and need to get a bag. Thanks for the good idea!

-Whitney

cwdavenport.blogspot.com

Adrienna said...

I absolutely love that bag! I think it's worth it, it will keep your nice new camera safe and protected, while also being stylish. I'm also looking for a bag for my SLR, I am not a fan of the black one it came with.

-Adrienna

apinkbliss.blogspot.com

Sarah Willow said...

LOVE that bag! The color, the shape, everything! Oh, and is it sad that I do indeed remember PB&J Otter? I'm just gonna go ahead and blame it on all the babysitting I did as a teen. I'm wanting an SLR quite badly, but my teeny college bank account cringes every time I see the price tags...guess I'll be begging for Christmas!

xo Sarah Willow
www.sarahwillowhere.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Your blog is so cute! Thanks for your nice comment! I'll definitely be reading your blog now! Keep up the good work!! :)

Samantha
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

The Dainty Doll's House said...

Love the bag..looks roomy and handy for everything!! xx

Abby said...

Love the bag!! I have a little point and shoot (that I don't really like) and I carry it in a little leather wristlet.

LyddieGal said...

I have been looking for stylish camera bag forever! Finally somewhere with options under $100. I say go for it!

Chic on the Cheap

Anya adores said...

Good luck on the new camera - nothing is better than new mechanics and new skills to learn. Look forward to seeing more on your cute blog.
Ax

Katya said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love yours!

And yes! Do I ever remember PB&J Otter! I do the noodle dance a lot! :)

Katya said...

i wish they weren´t so spendy... i´d totally get one. it might be worth it... hmm!!! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...