Saturday, September 03, 2011

i'm a big kid now


This post is a little late - but I couldn't wait to share the photos from the Fair here in Toronto.

Apart from the pouring rain, strong wind and short sunny breaks it was way fun.

It might be hard to believe, but up until the age of 4 I grew up on the farm. With chickens, and goats, and donkeys and everything. Mhm. I drank milk straight from the cow and collected dirty cherries from the floor to offer guests as a snack. 

It went something like this "I pick cherries for you, eat em" - "no, i'm okay thank you" 

Then I would proceed to throw the cherries at them until they were forced to eat em.

Good hostess from a young age. My mommy taught me well.

So naturally when I saw the petting zoo I was all over it. And by all over it I mean I marched in there, pushed my way through the kiddies and got on my knees to pet the heck out of them cuties.

If only mommy was there to see me. She'd be proud! 
Ha - I'm more than just a city girl...see..see

There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes right? 

17 comments:

Katya said...

Great post! Looks fun!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Your photos are really great! xx opinionslave
/ twitter: @opinionslave

Katya said...

Ah looks like it was so much fun!! lovely post:)

xx

Katya said...

for some reason this didn't post to my blogger reading list.. good thing i stalk you so i didn't miss it. these pictures are gorgeous! looks like a really fun fair, i especially love the first shot with the cn tower in the background. and that story with the cherries is so priceless hahaha.

ps: i'm just kidding about the stalking! (kind of.) ;P
spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

Katya said...

What beautiful photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time. There is something about a local fair that takes me straight back to childhood. Thanks for sharing!

--Callie @ unladylikeblog.blogspot.com

Katya said...

I LOVE IT! Those photos are great!!!

Katya said...

YAY!! for another canadian blogger!

There is no harm in being and acting childish sometimes and looks like a great/fun time at the fair :)

xo Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

I love this post! There are petting zoo's here and I can't wait until Mia's old enough to go an enjoy it! Wait, you drank milk straight from the cow? Did I read that correctly? Haha!

Love your shirt! You look the cutest!

Oh, and you would not catch me dead on those rides. Scary. No way. I would lose my mind!

Katya said...

That looks like a great time! I love going to fairs, it is such a simple form of entertainment. You looked very cute.

Katya said...

lovely pictures:) we follow you. follow us if you like
http://abfab-magazine.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

oooh happiness! looks so nice<3 brings me back to my childhood, just watching these photos! lovely blog :)
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

You went to The Ex? These pictures are very cute. Hope you are enjoying your long weekend.

xo L.

Katya said...

The fair looks like so much fun! That baby cow is adorable. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Katya said...

Aaaw the pictures of the animals are soo cute! I also love your top!

xoxo Denise

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

That little baby llama (at least, I think it's a llama) is absolutely adorable! I always cringe when I enter a petting zoo and then whip out the hand sanitizer when I leave. lol So, it's fun to see you enjoying it! And you're looking cute while doing it!

Katya said...

Lovely pictures:)
http://h3artland.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

hahah llamas and alpacas are adorable!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...