Tuesday, October 11, 2011

fall(ing) in love

Some amateur photography from yours truly :) Thanksgiving Hike 2011

Dear Fall, I love you.

I was always a summer girl 
My birthday is in August, 
the beach is my second home 
...and I enjoy nothing more than patio season!

But this year, my heart did a complete 360...
All of a sudden I started getting that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach
when I imagined the marshmellows melting into my cup of hot chocolate
the cozy knit sweaters
&& the crisp air 
(I've even started enjoying the sound of a football game lingering in the house!)

This weekend was Thanksgiving (the Canadian version)
So boyfriend and I headed up to the cottage to take in as much of fall as possible
...and of course as much food as possible 
Which may explain why I need to ask for a new pair of jeans, a size bigger, for Christmas

Fall is definitely the buffet table in my life
I can't stop myself from saying no to:
mashed taters, turkey, duck, apple pie, pumpkin pie
yum!
 
Is anyone else completely obsessed with this season? Please share what fall is to you, so I can sit at my computer screen and drool all over my keyboard.

20 comments:

Katya said...

These photos are so beautiful. I'm pretty jaleous that you live near one of those pretty lakes :) we only have mini fish ponds, haha ^^ x

Katya said...

Great pics, Katya! I love Fall, but in San Diego we hardly have it. Growing up, fall was bundling up while rain hit the rooftops. And if you wanted to drool...fall = Thanksgiving, and in my family, Thanksgiving = prime rib. Along with turkey and ham, of course.

Katya said...

sweaters, coffee in big mugs, thick socks, rain-drenched leaves, muffins, pumpkin everything, pecan pie, chai lattes with cinnamon on top, fresh whipped cream on a slice of pumpkin pie. Just to name a few. ;)

Katya said...

Such lovely photos! Autumn is theee best :)

xo
Lizzie
placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Katya said...

I totally love Fall too. What gorgeous pictures... thanks for sharing!! xox

Katya said...

Gorgeous photos! I love this time of year!

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

Katya said...

Looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend! Beautiful photos.

xo L.

Katya said...

I love Fall. My whole life I wanted to leave Ohio because I wanted to live by a beach, but now all of a sudden, I really have an attachment to the seasons and would totally miss this time of year.

Katya said...

beautiful photos. & the weather has been incredible. my fav thing about fall is definitely the crunch of the leaves under foot.

Katya said...

I love the sound/the feeling of leaves under my feet! You're so right! :)

Katya said...

I feel the same way - it's like something inside clicked and I wouldn't give up the changing seasons for anything! Even constant warmth :P

Katya said...

Thank you so much! It was an amazing weekend! If only the weather held up :( But we take what we can get here in Toronto right? 'Specially in October ha ha!

Katya said...

Thanks you lots and lots! Fall is perfect isn't it?

Katya said...

Thanx for commenting! :):)

Katya said...

Agreed x 100 :):)

Katya said...

The perfect list...now I want myself some pumpkin pie! :)

Katya said...

Prime Rib!?! Invite me over? I'll blend in with the family, promise :)

Katya said...

The lake is actually 2 hours north, but totally worth the get away from the city!

Katya said...

Great job with the pictures! I'm very jealous! ;)

Katya said...

Um, hello? Amateur? Are you nuts? I was going to say, where did you find these pictures girl? Um... they are gorgeous. Like, completely gorgeous. Like, I'd print them off and display them in my house gorgeous. Especially the one with the leaves on the beach... where was this! My god, my heart just melted. What a completely gorgeous post.
I love how real and true and honest your blog is--I know you did a post a little while ago about real life vs blogging, but this post is great. An honest telling of a beautiful weekend :) See? Now, you can look back and remember it in a few years and smile and say "damn, those are great photos!" because trust me, you will!
I always loved Fall. This year I haven't been out frolicking in the leaves. This needs to change. Maybe I'll bundle up the family and go on a walk this afternoon... all inspired by this post... Thanks girl!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...