Thursday, December 15, 2011

guest post: lydia from chic on the cheap


Top Swapped with another blogger
Jacket from Express
Fur Collar from the thrift store
Bag from Coach via the thrift store
Jeans from Kohls
Boots from Steve Madden
Belt from the Gap
Rings from American Eagle and the Cavernous Jewelry Box
 
Hi, Lydia from Chic on the Cheap here, and for my post I've taken an outfit of Katya's and recreated it. Of course she has so many great ones to choose from, and we even have the same horse print top from H&M, so that would have been an easy option, but the second I spotted this one I knew it was IT!

I love it when you can take great basic pieces and give them a lot of polish - even though this is basically a white top and a pair of jeans, having a tailored leather jacket, a fur collar and a little pop of color can make you feel so posh and chic on the weekend! 

Thanks for the inspiration, Katya! 

24 comments:

Katya said...

That jacket is amazing! I need to get one.

http://www.lyzhang.com

Katya said...

you look gorgeous love!!! lovely outfit!

Katya said...

so pretty

Katya said...

We love Lydia's blog as much as yours! Both of you are rocking the fur collar and jackets. Nice to see other bloggers we know.

Heather & Kayla

Katya said...

Such a gorgeous outfit! I love the jacket especially. Off to see her blog now! xo

Katya said...

Beautiful leather jacket Lyddie. I love the fur trim girl! :)
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Gorgeous outfit, she looks beautiful!

Visit my blog when you get a chance ;)

Katya said...

love it - I have a fur collar I put on blazers too

http://dbetc.blogspot.com

Katya said...

what a great post! that jacket is NICE and i love the boots!

~nic

Katya said...

Gorgeous outfit - loving the boots & jacket!

Katya said...

You are always an inspiration Lydia
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Katya said...

Gorgeous outfit!!

Katya said...

This is a great outfit! I love seeing outfits put together that are inspired by other bloggers. What a great duo you two make!

Katya said...

She is too cute! I love her outfit!

Denise

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

I love the jacket! She looks fantastic! Love the whole outfit. www.devinandwhitney.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Yep! This is a gorgeous outfit alright. Tres chic!

kira said...

Love her style. Great feature fellow canadain blogger :)

Katya said...

love your jacket. I am trying to convince Kevin to get his own leather jacket but he isnt sure he's cool enough to pull it off :)

Katya said...

Oh I love guest posts! This outfit is wonderful, I absolutely love the way you styled everything. Femme but still kind of edgy at the same time.

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Katya said...

in. love. with that jacket lydia!

Katya said...

Great guest post and I love her recreation of your original outfit. You're both so stylish and chic!

xo,
Marissa

shabbychicandcheap.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Oh my, if only I could take photos like you do. Are these with a tripod as well? I am just starting to experiment with taking pics with a tripod and the secret is having a remote control right? I admire how you put your self together each day and show how much fun it is to look FAB!!!

Katya said...

Now I want a fur collar to put on all of my coats, too. I like your take on Katya's outfit! Totally a cool idea. And your tree bokeh looks so pretty... why is my golden hour not been this nice right now?

Katya said...

Pretty outfit & photos.

xo
The Fashionable ESQ

http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...