Thursday, February 09, 2012

take care ...

... of your hair! 

You guys asked, so here it is. My hair care routine. In no way am I a hair connoisseur, though secretly I wish I was. If it was possible, I'd probably be a hairdresser as a hobby. But I know never to say never. 

In the shower I'm loving...
1: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner - some seriously amazing stuff this is, and it's cheap!
2: Pantene Beautiful Lengths Replenishing Mask - holy grail product, a little goes a long way
3: The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - great for everyday
4: The Body Shop Banana Shampoo - super gentle on the hair
5: Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner - smells heavenly & paraben free! 
6: Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo - leaves hair soft and manageable, also paraben free!

After the shower I'm loving...
7: Macadamia Healing Oil Spray - instantly absorbs into hair for extra moisture, shine and protection
8: DermOrganic Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment - just as amazing (maybe more) as the above & MUCH cheaper

When using heat I'm loving...
9: Got2B Guardian Angel - I know this says 'flat iron' but it works perfectly for holding curls
10: TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray - by far my favorite, not greasy and smells awesome
11: CHI Iron Guard - pricey, does a great job, but easy to over use

For tools I'm loving...
12: Conair Infiniti Curling Wand - eliminates frizz and creates great waves
13: Conair 1 and 1/2 Barrel - perfect for big & bouncy curls, what you'll see me use 90% of the time
14: Rusk w8less Hair Dryer - incredibly lightweight and really fast drying time
15: T3 Flat Iron - one of the best flat irons I've tried, and doubles as a curler when traveling

16: In Shower Wide Tooth Comb - great for evenly distributing conditioner without breaking the hair
17: Flat Bottom Clip - use this to hold a bun when sleeping, prevents hair from being pulled by an elastic
18: Clips - sectioning hair when drying or curling
19: Big Paddle Brush - for everyday brushing needs, and perfect for blow drying straight
20: Boar Bristle Round Brush - easier on the hair than plastic and definitely boosts shine!

20 comments:

Katya said...

I've been dying to try the Yes To Carrots products! (Yes To Cucumbers, Tomatoes, etc) Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Katya said...

I've wanted to try that macadamia oil spray, so it's good to know it works well! I also love yes to carrots, and I use some of the yes to blueberries facial products :) Enjoy your night, Katya!

Katya said...

love the tresseme heat taming spray!!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Katya said...

I am a huge fan of Yes to Carrots! I love the yes to cucumbers wipes too. I swear there's always a pack in my purse/backpack/luggage :)

Katya said...

and I now know why your hair is so perfect. So jealous. I need thicker hair...any hints on how to get that?!?

xo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Nothing to be jealous of, promise ;) My hair can look pretty thin at times too! One really awesome trick I learned is when my hair is like 95% dry, I blow dry sections around a really large round brush...especially close to the roots. For some reason or another, when my hair is wet, a round brush does absolutely nothing :S

Katya said...

Same here! Those wipes are life savers! Plus, the boy really likes how they smell. That's a win-win right there ;)

Katya said...

Ah same! I go through bottles like no tomorrow. I always get scared when I can't find it in store. I get paranoid that they've discontinued it.

Katya said...

It's definitely awesome and worth a try :) Though, if you can get your hands on the DermOrganic one, I think it's even better. I've had it for a few days now, and I seriously love it. The smell is more feminine and I find it's easier to put a few drops in my hand, and work it in, rather than spraying oil directly into my hair.

Katya said...

Definitely try them out! I love love love the Yes to Cucumbers face moisturizer and the make-up wipes. Their stuff is just awesome all around.

Katya said...

I need to learn how to curl my hair better. i have no knack and zero patience for curling irons.

Katya said...

Thanks! That infinity curler looks great. I have been looking for a thin curling iron, I may just have to buy this one.

xo L.

Katya said...

nows that i know about the products :)
i would love to hear about the routine ..
what you do, how much you put and all the details!

thank you



Oh by the way =)
I put up the Oreo Pops Recipe today ♥
Click Here

Have a great weekend doll!

xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Katya said...

Yay products :) I am obsessed with anything from DermOrganic currently! I esp. love the Argan Oil hair mask!

xo
Lizzie
placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Katya said...

I love reading about hair products! I must try some of these!

http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

Thanks!!

Katya said...

I can't remember if I told you or not, but you literally inspired me to get off my couch at 9pm Thursday night and head to Walgreens to buy some hair products. I already had the Aussie 3 min deep conditioner, but the Got2B Guardian Angel and the Yes To products... totally copied you. I love them!

Katya said...

I definitely feel proud to be an enabler ;);) So glad you like em'!

Katya said...

I always love seeing all the products that other people use. I used to have the banana shampoo forever ago, but my husband hates the smell of banana so I can't use it anymore :(

Katya said...

I LOVE those Body Shop Banana shampoos and conditioners! They smell amazing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...